Monday, May 25, 2009

Bhavanyashtakam

Religious Statue Hindu Goddess Durga Brass Figurines 5.5 x 2 x 7 inchesDurga on TigerShri DurgaTales of Durga (Amar Chitra Katha)Durga SaptashatiGoddess Durga: The Power and The Glory
Bhavanyashtakam

Bhavanyashtakam is a Sanskrit stotra and it is a very pious and beautiful creation of Shri Mat param poojya Adi Shankaryacharya.
He is telling Bhavani mata that she is the only protector for him, she is the only Godess who can help him all the times, in all difficulties, troubles and she is the only divine source which can make him free from bondage of life.
I am trying to translate the stotra but it is very difficult job.
1 Acharya says to Bhavani Mata:
Mother, Father, Brother or relatives, daughter, Son, Servant can’t
Help me. Even my wife, the knowledge acquired by me, my belongings, Wealth, money or anything can’t help me.
I know that you can help me, protect me, give shelter to me, advice me, guide me, support me, you are the only remedy, and you can make me free from bondage of life.
2 I am Prakami (profuse), Pralobhi (having inducement) and Pramatta (Stubborn) and hence I have to face many difficulties, troubles and sorrow. I am very much afraid of all these. I am completely sinking in this bondage of life.
I know that you can help me, protect me, give shelter to me, advice me, guide me, support me, you are the only remedy, and you can make me free from bondage of life.
3 I don’t know how to donate. I don’t know Dhyanam or yoga. I
don’t know how to concentrate or pray. I don’t know how to recite
the stotras or mantras. I don’t know how to worship.
I know that you can help me, protect me, give shelter to me, advice me, guide me, support me, you are the only remedy, and you can make me free from bondage of life.
4 O! Bhavani Mata I don’t know what is poonya (virtue, merit). I have not visited holy places. I don’t know how to make me free from my mind. I don’t know how to be free from bondage of life. I don’t know what devotion is or how to worship.
I know that you can help me, protect me, give shelter to me, advice me, guide me, support me, you are the only remedy, and you can make me free from bondage of life.
5 O! mother Bhavani I have done many bad things, committed many sins, and lived in the company of bad people, troubled many people. I have become slave of many bad things. I have not done required good things in the family which my forefathers were doing. I have always uttered bad words, written bad thoughts, and opinions. However
I know that you can help me, protect me, give shelter to me, advice me, guide me, support me, you are the only remedy, and you can make me free from bondage of life.
6 O! Bhavani Mata you are the only protector. I have never worshiped, devoted any other God namely Brahma, Vishnu, Mahesh, Indra, Surya or Chandra.
I know that you can help me, protect me, give shelter to me, advice me, guide me, support me, you are the only remedy, and you can make me free from bondage of life.
7 O! Mother Bhavani please I request you to help me when I argue with Scholars, help me not to commit sin, protect me when I am in voyage, when I am engulfed by water, fire. Please protect me in the forest and from mountains and when amidst in the enemies.
I know that you can help me, protect me, give shelter to me, advice me, guide me, support me, you are the only remedy, and you can make me free from bondage of life.
8 O! Mother Bhavani I am an orphan, helpless and poor. I have become very weak due to old age and diseases. I am engulfed in difficulties and troubles. I am going to be vanished.
I know that you can help me, protect me, give shelter to me, advice me, guide me, support me, you are the only remedy, and you can make me free from bondage of life.
Here ends the stotra.
Shri Adi Shankara charya was learned, he himself was free from bondage of life. He himself had become as a God. He has described our life. How we live, how we commit mistakes and sins. Even after committing bad things Bhavani Mata is our only protector. So bow to the mata and request her for betterment of our life.
Astrology
Chandra-Mangal (Moon-Mars) Yuti yoga
People in whose horoscope this yuti is found are having following good or bad virtues.
Conduct against the Shastras, Powerful, Quarrelsome, Trader, troubled by enemies and diseases, Stubborn, Impatient, and Rich. If Chandra-Mars yuti is found in the 8th house or one of the 4 centre houses in the horoscope, there is a possibility of accident. This yuti in the 1st or 10th house in the horoscope shows that person has born in a big family.Such people think that are always right. They are never ready to compromise. Mother may have some disease or a bad health.


Thought for the Day


He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightest still.
---------Loa Tzu.


Success


Successful people know that:
Opportunity often comes disguised in the form of misfortune or temporary defeat.
-------Napoleon Hill.
Bhavanyashtakam



Custom Search

No comments: